Job title: Programme Associate
Job description: The United Nations World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
The job holder typically report to a Programme Policy Officer or the designate. At this level, job holders is responsible to assist supervisor during emergencies like Temproary Dispaced Persons(TDP’s) operation, COVID-19 emergency operation and Monsoon emergency in KP and erstwhile FATA. Job holder needs to have wide array of knowledge regarding food security, food / cash interventions modalities, cluster system coordination mechanism etc. Main working area comprised of implementation of activities for food / cash, complitation of partner invoices, reports generation with analysis for decision making for management. Works under supervision, perform basic analyses and compile reports to support information consistency and smooth implementation of programmes/projects.
To perform specialized emergency related programmatic activities like food assitance / cash disbursement to TDPs, COVID-19 and Monsoon Flood emergencies in KP and erstwhile FATA with report to supervisor.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (NOT ALL-INCLUSIVE)
Under the overall supervision of the Programme Policy Officer at WFP Area Office Peshawar, the position holder will:
- Perform specialized and/or standardized processes and activities within the specific technical area of work supporting alignment with wider programme guidelines for Relief assistance (food / cash).
- Provide general office support following established targets and WFP’s procedures under humanitarian relief operation.
- Within the specific area of responsibility, support in compilation of data and support analysis and preparation of reports (e.g. food / cash assistance needs, resource utilization, programme status, performance) in order to support operational decision-making.
- Perform accurate, timely recording of data within the specific technical area of work (e.g. food security and vulnerability assessments) following corporate standards and guidelines for programme activities of relief emergency.
- Work and exchange information with internal counterparts like partners, PDMA and TDP secretariat and other related stakeholders to support effective collaboration, implementation and monitoring of ongoing project activities with consent of supervisor.
- Support communication and activities with local partners, agencies, INGOs and government institutions with the guidance of supervisor.
- Act as a point of contact for resolution of general operational queries requesting assistance where necessary for CBT, GFD and other related inquires.
- Follow standard emergency preparedness practices for winter/ monsoon contingency plans or any other onset of emergency to ensure WFP can quickly respond and deploy needed resources to affected areas at the onset of the crisis.
- Pipeline / Stock Reports analysis to be discussed with reporting manager for appropriate actions for the continuation of activities. It includes best before / near to expiry food, release of Commodity release notes (CRN) etc.
- Ensure GBV & Protection operational aspects in the field operation
- Coordiantion Meeting record keepting with government, agencies, cooperating partner etc
- Properly assist, guide in consultation with supervisor to cooperating partners to implement the cash disbursements among beneficiaries for COVID-19 response project in KP.
- Other related activities like Cooperating performance, coordination with government / partners for clearance of project NOCs, smooth implementation of projects of relief with management of data of TDP assistance, COVID-19 cash assistance, monsoon contingency plan projects with the guidance of supervisor will be the requirement for the position
- Processing and autiding of the invoices submitted by partners with SES posting in WINGs etc
- Perform any other duties if requried.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
- Education: Completion of Higher secondary school education preferably supplemented by a university degree in social sciences is desirable.
- 6 years of programme implementation experience (preference will given having worked experirence in emergencies in UN/WFP). Coordination with UN system, partners, government will be an asset. Other experience includes monitoring, implementation, reporting and data anaylysis for quick decision for supervisor in the field operations specifically during emergencies.
- Experience of communication and coordination with technical teams and other stakeholders (i.e. government, Partners etc.).
- Experience of working in emergencies i.e. Implementation of programmes activities.
- Excellent skills in drafting response to government and other related agencies.
- Experience to assist/ involve in policy discussions with reporting and feedback
Location: Peshawar, Khyber Pakhtunkhwa
Job date: Wed, 13 Jan 2021 04:39:28 GMT
Apply for the job now!